A list of 7 stunning desert camps in Jaisalmer (Sam, Khuri & Jhabra) to book.
Dear travellers. The below list of Jaisalmer desert camps of Sam Sand Dune, Khuri & Jhabra is one if the best crafted list as we have personally sent many travellers here and have got 5 star reviews. We are also official New Delhi sales partner with three camps here and after going through this list, you will have complete idea of:
- What are the camps tariff or fare for one night?
- What amenities are included in fare for these Jaisalmer Camps?
- What type of activities you can enjoy at sand dunes of Jaisalmer?
Before going through the below list, you must understand the difference between Sam Sand Dunes and Khuri Sand Dunes. Both Sam and Khuri 45-50 km from Jaisalmer city. Sam is 45 km west and Khuri is 50 km south from Jaisalmer.
The more popular one is Sam Sand Dunes as it has better road to reach and more desert camps. The road condition for Khuri isn’t as good as Sam, but it does has some desert camps and offers the same outdoor activities mentioned at the end of this page.
List of 7 Jaisalmer Desert Camps at Sam & Khuri Sand Dunes
1. The Serai Jaisalmer
Location: Jhabra (45 km east of Jaisalmer)
The Serai is a luxurious desert camp rated as number one for travellers who are seeking a private tour of Jaisalmer desert. The location of this camp is Jhabra which is a 45 km east from Jaisalmer and 90 km from Sam sand dune.
At The Seria, you can stay at some of the finest Swiss Camps Suites and enjoy not just local cuisine, but a huge variety of continental cuisine. The Serai also offers many outdoor desert safari packages but all activities are organised near their camps at Jhabra.
Tariff of Camps at The Serai is Rs 20,000 per camp & their contact details are:
- Address: Bherwa, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
- Phone Number: 011 4617 2700
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: sujanluxury.com/the-serai
2. Rajputana Desert Camp
Location: Sam Sand Dune (50 meters sand dunes)
Rajputana Desert Camp, is a 2014 started desert camp which is quite popular for it’s local musical and dance program performed by profestional gypsy dancers. At Rajputana Desert Camp there more than 30 Camps and as this camp is quite close to Sam Sand Dunes, you can even go for a Camel Safari tour from their parking.
The amenities of this desert camp are:
- Complimentary dinner & breakfast (buffet) & drinks
- Best musical and dance program
- Arrangement for camel safari
- They have their own jeeps for Jeep safari
Tariff of tents at Rajputana Desert Camp is Rs 3,000-4,000 per camp & you can contact them at below details.
- Address: Kuldhara Road, next to samdunes, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
- Phone Number: 097995 53648/ 9636373124
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: rajputanadesertcamp.in
3. Dangri Desert Safari Camp
Location: Sam Sand Dune (90 meters sand dunes)
Dangri Desert Safari Camp is a three 2013 started desert camp in Jaisalmer which is famous for its professional customer service, well-maintained camps, good food and quite entertaining musical show & dance, which they organize every day in their Tent Resort at Sam Sand Dune.
At Dangri Desert Safari Camp, you will get:
- 36 comfortable tent suites.
- A stage for a musical dance show.
- Travel desk to arrange desert safari tours & cabs.
And the fare camp at Dangri Desert Safari Camp starts from Rs 6,000 per camp with dinner & breakfast. The contact details of Dangri Desert Safari Camp are:
- Address: Opp Sam Dunes, Sam, Village Road, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
- Phone Number: 087641 29648
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: maharajadesertcamp.in
4. Winds Desert Camp
Kanoi is 25 km from Sam sand dune, and have a few camps out of which Winds Desert Camp is operating from quite some time. At Winds Desert Camp, you will find well maintained AC and non AC desert camps, multi cuisine restaurant and their team arrange desert safari tours too.
Tariff for Winds Desert Camp is from Rs 8,000 to Rs 15,000 per camp. Their contact details are:
- Khaba Road, Near Sam Sand Dunes, Jaisalmer, Kanoi, Rajasthan 345001
- Phone number: 9950521870
- Email: email@example.com
5. Damodara Desert Camp
Location: Damodra, near Sam (11 km from Sam sand dunes)
Damodra is a small village, 11 km from Sam Sand Dune and has an excellent luxury desert camp by the name of Damodra Desert Camp. At Damodra Desert Camp you find ten luxury Swiss tents and restaurant. In Damodra Desert Camp, you will get:
- 10 Luxury Swiss Tents
- A wide variety of Indiana and continental cuisine.
- Musical Show and Safari near the Camp at Damodara.
One night stay at the luxury Damodra Desert Camp will cost you Rs 11,000 to Rs 15,000. The contact details of Damodra Desert Camp are:
- Address: V.P.O Damodra, Sam Road, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
- Phone Number: 097832 07819
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: damodra.com
6. Royal Desert Camp
Location: Sam (25 meters from Sam sand dunes)
Royal Desert Camp, is one of the oldest Desert Camp which is operating from 1998. The Camp’s unique selling point is that guest can see the sand dunes of Sam from the camps, as RDC (Royal Desert Camp) is just opposite Sam Sand Dunes and main Sam parking area.
At Royal Desert Camp, you will get:
- 42 Swiss Tents and Cottages.
- The oldest multi-cuisine restaurant in Sam.
- Assistance in arranging Camel and Jeep Safari.
- Plus, they also have an award winning restaurant in Jaisalmer city by the name of “The Trio”
The fare of one night stay at Royal Desert Camp starts from Rs 8,000 for a tent to Rs 14,000 for the cottage. Royal Desert Camp contact details are:
- Address: Sam Sand Dunes, Opp. Sam Sand Dunes, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001
- Phone Number: 095877 21724
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: royaldesertcamp.in
7. The Mama’s Camp
Location: Khuri Sand Dunes
As most camps are in Sam Sand Dunes, but these are some good ones in Khuri. And in our list of camps in Khuri Jaisalmer, we first present The Mama’s Desert Camp. The Mama’s Camp is a very well maintained Camp resort which has tents, cottages, restaurant and a small garden. At this camp you will get:
- Accommodation in Tents and Deluxe Cottages.
- Dinner, Breakfast and Musical Show.
- Team to arrange Camel & Jeep Safari.
One night stay at The Mama’s Desert Camp will cost Rs 7000 in Tent & Rs 5500 in Cottage. The contact details of The Mama’s Resort and Camp are:
- Address: Dist Jaisalmer, Khuri, Rajasthan 345034
- Phone Number: 094142 05970
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: themamasjaisalmer.com
A few points on Sam, Jaisalmer
- Best time for desert safari is from 5:00 AM to 7:00 AM and 4:00 PM to 6:00 PM.
- Dinner & Breakfast is complimentary at desert camps, as there is not a restaurant in Sam region.
- Taxi, Cabs & Tempo Traveller are the only public transportation available from Jaisalmer city to Sam sand dunes.
- Jaisalmer has one railway station, and nearest Airport is in Jodhpur, which is 285 km.